Woolapalooza farm festival returns to Airfield Estate, Dundrum, Dublin this May bank holiday weekend! Woolapalooza is Ireland's most unique suburban farming and heritage festival.
- Watch Denis and Tweed the famous sheepdog round-up the Airfield herd in the sheepdog trials.
- Get your wool on and take part in creating an Airfield Latch Hook Rug, or spin and weave your way through the wool demonstrations.
- Create a functioning tea cosy from any fibre art material from felt, knitting, crochet or embroidery to name but a few, this allows you to push the boat out to create something unique.
- Grab a mouth-watering breakfast or lunch in Overends Kitchen, sip on Airfield milky lattes from the Stables Cafe. Tuck into baked delights hot off the racks at Airfield Bakery and enjoy the smoky goodness of the all-day BBQ with Airfield's Culinary Lead, Luke Matthews. Sample delicious goodies from some of Airfield's favourite suppliers.
- Get down and dirty with farm tours in the company of the Airfield farmers and catch the fascinating display of vintage farm machinery. Join the Airfield gardeners for a stroll around the ornamental and food gardens and pick up some great tips along the way. Drop into one of the many food, farming, safety, science and gardening talks happening throughout the festival.
- Watch master sheep shearer Rodney Bryan & Godfrey Potterton MC as the sheep are given their annual wool cut. The story of milk will showcase the Jersey herd milking at 10.30 am each day. You can take part in milk tasting & butter making all day too.