Several organisations that are active within Dublin Bay Biosphere seek volunteers to participate in conservation, education and clean up projects. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people while taking practical action for nature in your Biosphere. Here are some volunteering opportunities that you can participate in:
- Take part in the An Taisce Clean Coasts Programme, starting with a 2 minute beach clean!
- Conservation Volunteers Dublin organises a wide range of conservation outings.
- The Dodder Action Group organises regular events including clean ups and invasive alien species removal along the River Dodder. Follow them on Facebook for updates.
- Dublin City Council's Bull Island Volunteer Programme 2018 is open for applications until April 30th 2018.
- The Irish Seal Sanctuary seeks volunteers across Dublin Bay Biosphere to monitor seal numbers, behaviour, haul outs, feeding patterns, breeding, weather responses, disturbance and human impacts on seals.